OIL & GASInvolved in major projects (NCOC’s Kashagan, Lukoil’s Filanovskaia, Shell’s Pierce) our consultants and offshore inspectors are able to undertake any challenge of the offshore development for various assets and life cycle instances, from Pre-FEED to the decommissioning and reinstatement of the area.
Oil & Gas Services
- Marine Operations Consultancy
- Marine Warranty Consultancy
- Construction Advisory
- Contractual Advisory
- Marine Assurance Advisory
- External Training
Our company offers project technical support, advice, marine operations design and optimization, international rules and standards compliance support, creation of procedures, incident investigation, vessel operational assessments, fleet management assessments, third party superintendence and owner representation.
We can also support our clients prior to unit repair and during the repair process, conversion support and advice, technical evaluation, yard assessments and advice on builder’s risk and yard liability.
We can aid in implementing new regulations and re-evaluation of the implementation of existing procedures, including the emergency response. Additionally, our experts can provide risk engineering and safety studies.
We are confident that our team can put together and see through any marine operation challenge and we are keen to work with you.
A Client is at risk of not receiving the insurance premium not only in the eventuality of an improperly implemented approved procedure but also in the situation where the Marine Warranty Surveyor does not perform properly (e.g. the procedures are not thoroughly and professionally reviewed, the track records that lead to approval are not correctly referenced, the on-site surveyors do not have the knowledge or professional thoroughness to implement the approved procedures, etc).
Whenever you choose us to be on your side we will follow through the whole process and manage its every aspect from procedure issuing, Contractor Auditing (including the MWS) to on-site follow-up, making sure that at all times your premiums are easily reimbursable whenever the hazard strikes.
Our team contains a broad array of master mariners, naval architects, marine engineers and electrical engineers able to tackle any floating unit or offshore structure construction Representation. Our prime goal is keeping the schedule at the desired construction standard and without overshooting the budget allocation.
Project outcome and budget are highly influenced by the results of the way the clauses and terms are implemented into the contracts. We see this aspect of the development phase as extremely important since a wrongly worded contract may bring each of the contracting parts to their financial knees. Based on our knowledge and experience, we offer, through our dedicated personnel, advice on how to tackle contractual errors.
Early involvement allows us to have a significant impact which influences issues and enhances the opportunities for settlement, improving your position. Our consultants are very experienced and trained specialists including non-practising barristers, arbitrators, adjudicators, quantum, technical and delay analysis experts.
Our diverse knowledge can tackle large advisory range, from small works packages, experimental projects and disputed accounts to multimillion pound claims, adjudications and international arbitrations.
Our consultants are available on sites, client offices, wherever they are called for, to advise, intervene, provide solutions and protect your interests even in the most difficult situations.
Our marine personnel is highly specialized in risk management and have been working extensively as marine warranty surveyors or marine consultants; they are capable of providing a comprehensive and holistic approach highlighting high occurrence high consequences risks as mitigation priorities.
Our marine assurance services include but are not limited to:
– Vessel Owner Audits
– IMCA CMID Vessel Inspections
– DP trials and FMEA
– Performance Investigation
– Background Checks
– Independent Third Party Validation and Verification
– Vessel & Equipment Inspections
– CMID, OVID and ISM Audits and Inspections
– Monitoring Ongoing Compliance
– Master and Crew Briefings
– Safety Statistics Analysis
– Pre-hire inspection and audits of vessels and offshore rigs
– Briefing of vessel Masters and Offshore Installation Managers (OIM)
– Certification Management
– Marine Casualties and Incident Investigation / Assistance
– Emergency Rescue and Recovery Vessel (ERRV) validation trials
Our Senior Experts, Mr. Mircea Lucian Pavel and Mr. Dragos Ionut Neagu have been the initiators and Main Lecturers / Founders of the Germanischer Lloyd MWS Course in Hamburg as early as 2012, pioneering training for this business sector.
Subsequently, exclusively for MOC, they have developed and refined these courses bringing them to professional excellence.
We are proud to make such niche tools available to our colleagues worldwide and we assure you they are continuously being updated and refined to keep them in line with technological and international requirements development.
Under the virtue of continuous learning we offer the following specialization training courses:
- Marine Warranty Survey – Induction Course
- Marine Warranty Survey – Oil & Gas Specialization Course
- Marine Warranty Survey – Renewables Specialization Course
- Marine Warranty Survey – Project Management Specializations Course
- Marine Warranty Survey – Flexibles Specializations Course (Pipe and Cable Lay)
- Marine Operations Optimization
Covering the engineering of mobile offshore units to fixed platforms, wave generators and subsea specific structures, this discipline deals with one of the most powerful nature destructive powers known to man – water in motion.
For this reason, we not only perform the overall or specific offshore engineering to the detail but, we also look into model testing and model validation every time this is achievable and desired by the Client.
Offshore engineering can cover a wide variety of aspects and as an offshore engineer you could find yourself facing challenges such as oil and gas extraction from natural reservoirs, in both an economic and an environmentally friendly way, as well as designing offshore installations and offshore drilling equipment, or devising methods to maximise productivity.
Just as an example, our subsea engineering department focuses on areas such as:
- Offshore production specifics
- Design particulars in subsea engineering
- Flow assurance
- Subsea production systems and equipment
- Production control systems
- Drilling control systems
- Cost effectiveness of subsea equipment
- Installation operations, maintenance and integrity of subsea systems
- Decommissioning subsea equipment
- New subsea technologies (R&D)
During the last years, this work has also embraced offshore wind turbines and underwater tidal turbines, these new structures posing new challenges and determining engineers to find and explore other venues.
We cover a large variety of structural design from mechanical engineering to fatigue analyses, from flexibles dynamic behavior to offshore platforms survival in the heaviest seas and we are always keen to get the next challenge, the next project, the next smart solution.
Our teams are formed of Lead, Senior and Structural Designers and are flexibly adjusted so that the Client has them available at the drawing board as well as on site, whenever and whatever the requirements are.
However, we do not take for granted this added value that the computer is, but look beyond the simulation, into the reality and try to test proof our models.
Our team is able to:
– Prepare detail designs in conjunction with engineers for offshore oil and gas projects
– Conduct site visits
– Produce work packs and drawings
– Ensure that performed work conforms to the applicable specifications, codes and standards required by the Client
– Ensure that work is checked effectively before issue
– Coordinate with other disciplines on technical issues
– Prepare bill of quantities, MTO and review the MR.
Whatever the structure, steel or concrete, fiber glass or carbon fibre we are here to help you model and build your project.
There has never been progress without will and vision and through our partnership with renowned institutions such as “Mircea Cel Batran” Naval Academy of Constanta we bring excellence and an innovative approach into each and every design, whenever the circumstances demand it.
- Marine Warranty Survey
- Certified Verification Agency
- Loss Adjusting / Loss Compensation
- Project Certification
- Product Certification
- Marine Assurance
Our marine surveyors have experience in a wide variety of marine environments – including deep water and shallow water projects. From single operation approvals right through to major offshore energy projects, our marine surveyors have the knowledge to ensure that risks are minimised while the workability and project efficiency remain high.
A Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) provides independent third-party review, operational monitoring that lead to approval of high value and/or high risk offshore construction and marine transportation projects, from planning to the execution stages.
In order to create a friendly and straight forward MWS understanding, we have developed our own Minimum Requirements for each operation typology while giving the liberty to our customers to follow an internationally recognized MWS requirements package of their choice (e.g. DNV-GL-Noble Denton Guidelines).
We offer support to other MWS in case of lack of capacity or extremely difficult cases where our expertise is required.
We offer our own MWS Training Course to other entities (e.g. MWS Companies, Subcontractor Management, Offshore Developers) whenever there is a need for understanding the MWS principles and concepts in detail.
We can cover a wide variety of MWS specific instances such as (but not limited to):
– Fixed Off-shore Platforms related operations
– Loadout, Transport & Installation of Steel Jackets, Gravity Base Structures (GBS), Topsides
– Floating Offshore Platforms related operations
– Floating Storage Offloading (FSO), Floating Production Storage, Semi-submersible Platforms, Tension-leg Platforms, off-shore mooring systems, topsides, production and injection modules, risers and umbilicals, etc.
– Float-on / Float-out operations
– Mobile Offshore Units (including Drilling Units) related operations – positioning, relocation and towing operations
– Offshore Wind Farms related operations – Loadout, Transport and Installation of Foundations, Wind Turbine Generators, Cables, Substations, Accommodation Platforms – Tidal Turbines – Loadout, Transport and Installation
– Decommissioning of Offshore Energy Facilities related operations – Environmentally friendly removal of decommissioned offshore oil and gas platforms, modules and wind farms
– Pipe and Cable related operations – rigid, flexible, pipe in pipe, bundles, tie-ins, deep and shallow water specific operations, landfalls, cable jointing, umbilicals (control, communication, power cables, hydraulic connections) installation
– Subsea related operations – Manifold, Christmas Trees, flow lines and umbilicals, end sleds, assemblies, jumpers, flying leads, various subsea equipment / modules installation
– Towages and Marine Transports (self-propelled vessels) related approvals – by barge / floating modules / damages vessels
– Refineries, Power and Petro-chemical Units – Land and Marine Transport of pre-assembled modules, towers, structures and equipment
Addressing the offshore MWS environment, the following generic classes of operations can be covered by our experts:
– Weighing Operations – Whenever a certain Module needs to be weighed on Client’s demand or due to objective COG or mass sensitive operations, our experts can assess accept, witness and report
– Land Transportations – For high value or high risk land transports of oil and gas or renewable industry assets
– Load-outs / Off-loading Operations – Loadouts and Off-loading operations of various high value or high risk cargoes for Oil & Gas and Renewables Industry
– Float-on / Float-off Operations – relevant for dry transport of floating units
– Marine Transportations / Towages – these are specific to a very diverse and complex class of MWS operations that are mainly linked to the sea transport of high value ort high risk cargoes (related to their potential loss and subsequent impact to certain projects)
– Offshore Installation Operations (Including Subsea Operations) – this class of operations occurs in the final stage of the Off-shore Construction and it may lead (if successful) to the termination of the MWS scope
– Asset Approach and Departure – these are sets of operations generally related to moored or DP units
– Jack-up & Jack-down Operations – these are sets of operations related to jack-up units
The scope of CVA is to confirm that fabrication is according to rules and regulations applicable to the asset (e.g. American Petroleum Institute’s RP2A-WSD – Recommended Practice for Planning, Designing and Constructing Fixed Offshore Platforms – Working Stress Design, American National Standard Institute’s AWS – D1.1 – Structural Welding Code – Steel) by issuing the Certificate of Approval for Fabrication.
CVA site survey Scope of Work includes observing the use of approved procedures, guiding the Client on good working practice and attending on behalf of Client at FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests).
Inspection and Test Plan is the guide for onsite presence. Welding inspection and welding procedure specification approval are part of the Scope of Work for welded structures.
Site attendances are scheduled also during major erection operations and commissioning of main equipment.
As Loss Adjusters, we look at the amount of loss or damage and decide how much compensation the insurance company pays out to the policy holder.
We, as loss adjusters, compile our vast expertise gained on years of offshore experience to assist key stakeholders, insuring a fair and reasonable outcome from complex and contentious losses.
Using competent experts in analyzing, verifying and testing components and methods used in the project, our company can provide a 3rd party compliance certification with various rules and regulations applicable in Marine, Offshore, Oil & Gas and Renewables industries.
Using MOC in the Project Certification process will grant top notch quality, stable operations and proper risk management, to achieve sustainable power in a very competitive energy sector.
For example, the soil conditions of a wind farm may be extremely varying and complex, by subjecting the farm to our certification, the owner can demonstrate an awareness of the risk involved and a acknowledgement to the challenges such as the soil conditions head on. Although suitable for both onshore and offshore wind projects, Project Certification is mostly intended for offshore wind installations, due to their inherently higher risks and more complex environmental loading conditions.
New product development is a hazardous process followed by a more challenging phase of market testing. Product certification is a process that confirms passed performance tests and quality assurance tests, giving the final user the certainty that the acquired product meets all qualification criteria specified by design requirements / specifications and relevant regulations.
We can help you reach your product certification goals whatever the product and certifier choice you opt for.
- Project Management
- Construction Supervision
- Risk Management
- Quality Assurance, Health, Safety and Environment Supervision
As Project Managers we take over the responsibility of leading the project team and ensuring the successful completion of a project within time and budget.
Among our Project Managers duties:
– Lead the team and execute the project within the Client’s safety rules and Quality standards
– Will be the first point of contact for the Client
– Come up with creative technical solutions that enable a successfully project completion
– Integration of team, equipment, third party involvement and procurement for the project
– Provide regular reports maintain contacts with the supporting departments at the head office
Construction supervision is taken in two directions in our company, one for the naval projects and the other for the offshore developments. They are both very well represented and sustained by our experienced inspectors.
The success of our business is mainly due to the care we give to our employees and the concern for their health, safety and wellbeing. Our main goals are zero HSE incidents and continuous improvement of our processes quality.
Working with the above targets, we have specialized inspectors overseeing the activities to provide for the same excellent results offshore as well as onshore.
Capital and Operational Expenditures (CAPEX / OPEX) may be included in the assessment.
Risks are assessed by our experts to transparently depict the investment risk profile.
Our Due Diligence services cover the following:
– FSO & FPSOs
– Subsea Equipment & Assets
Our experienced personnel will make sure that your asset is in compliance with the relevant rules or standards applicable for that particular industry depending on the particularities and geographical location of the development.
Our experts take the technical inputs, geological and environmental data, analyze and process them, offering to our Clients the scenarios and probabilistic data related to a certain e.g. installation, marine transport, marine operation, in a structured and usable form.
For over twenty years, our Experts have provided Marine and Risk support to the European and International Oil & Gas and more recently, the Renewables industry. Our team is formed of risk professionals, engineers, mathematicians, master mariners and marine and renewables personnel.
During the past years, our team members have provided their extensive knowledge to various majors, in response to the demand for quality, dependable support and excellence in this field.
We are always pleased to hear about your project
Since September 2016, we have become full corporate members of World Energy Council (part of Romanian Energy Comittee), founded in London, UK at 11th July 1924, “to promote the sustainable supply and use of energy for the greatest benefit of all people”. In first...read more
Address: 203 Mamaia Boulevard
Phone: +40 241-551-515
Fax: +40 241-551-515
Business Hours: 09.00 - 17.00 hrs (CET)
10.00 - 18.00 hrs (EET)